Looking to get yourself an Aadhar card? Well, you might need to look at verifying it too.
Just having the aadhaar card is not enough, here is list why verifying it through the portal is equally important.
- It confirms that your card’s validity. Check This Website (http://aadharcardapplication.in/)
- You can detect any discrepancy, if present, and then request for its correction.
- Your aadhaar number would not be verified if you have incorrect information in the form. You can again fill up the form for a nominal cost.
- Aadhaar card can easily verified through the official UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Select the verify aadhaar option under aadhaar services https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaarverification
- Fill in your aadhaar number and security code.
- If your aadhaar is valid, a page like this would show up: https://www.bankbazaar.com/images/india/infographic/aadhar-verification.png
- You can also verify your aadhaar number through the airtel store and vodaphone store. Just call on their dedicated toll-free number (14546). This is in compliance with the government directives to verify mobile numbers with aadhaar.
- DoT has directed the telecom service providers to verify the aadhaar number of senior citizens above the age of 70 and differently abled persons through their portal.
- With the government aiming towards a digital India with all the basic amenities linked to aadhaar, having a valid aadhaar is very important.
- Invalid aadhaar or deactivated aadhaar can cause a problem with banks, and pensions.
Once you get your aadhaar number, you should always verify it. There have been cases of same aadhaar number to two different people or of aadhaar forgeries. Verifying it on your own would save you a lot from troubles.
Also, if you are an employer, you can verify your employees’ identity through their aadhaar card validity.